Denko / Shoboon
This kaomoji is popularly known as the “denko” kaomoji on the English-speaking side of the internet. It gained its popularity after a 2Channel user posted about his love and obsession of a girl at his college named Denko. Read the full story beautifully translated by vgperson here.
In Japan, however, it’s known as ｼｮﾎﾞｰﾝ (shoboon) which the a Japanese sound effect a dejected person makes. The opposite to shoboon is shakiin (｀・ω・´), which is the sound effect of a person in high spirits.
- ( “・ω・゛)
- |ω・`)ﾉ Hi..
- (・ω・｀ )
- ( ´･ω･)
- ( ´･ω･)人(・ω・｀ )
- ｼｮﾎﾞﾝ玉( ´・ω・)ｙ━。 ｏ ○(´・ω・｀)
- The police||Φ|(|´･|ω|･｀|)|Φ||jailed me…
- (｡´・ω・｀｡)Maybe I should send 601 emails next time..
- What to～(´･ω･｀～)(～´･ω･｀)～～(´･ω･｀～)(～´･ω･｀)～do…
- ｼｮﾎﾞ━(｀･ω･´)━( ｀･ω)━( ｀･)━( )━(･` )━(ω･` )━(´･ω･`)━ﾝ…